Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tracing the Stars

Upcoming Artists: Bryce Irvin & Asa Draney
"Tracing the Stars" was written by Bryce Irvin accompanied by Asa Draney on guitar. Bryce Irvin is only 15 years old, but has powerful lyrics and a seasoned voice. These are the words of an aspiring artist regarding the inspiration of his favorite song.
The inspiration for this song came from a powerful feeling. It’s the feeling when you love somebody so much, that you would give your life to save theirs. Then you’re telling that person, even though I might be gone, I’ll never really be gone. I’ll always be there in your heart when you need me. For me, this song is about my family and close friends. But at the time I was writing it, it was directed to one of my closest friends. She’s like a sister to me, and I’d do anything for her.
My favorite artist at the moment is probably Adele. I just love the soul and passion in her music. It’s like you can hear the emotion in her voice. I write my music from the heart and from my experiences, and Adele is good example and motivation. 
I guess my sound came from my personality. I used to be pretty shy when I was younger, so when I would sing it would be softer and had a raspier tone. However then my personality took a big change to becoming an extrovert, and my singing changed as well to a louder and brighter tone. So now, I’ve learned to use both the soft and bright tones in my songs for a really cool and different effect.
I was born in Livingston, New Jersey, which is about 30 minutes from Manhattan. Being so close to such a diverse city, I was surrounded by a variety of different sounds in my younger years. My mother was also a singer, and I remember going into the recording studio with her a couple times. That had a big influence on who I wanted to be in the future, and what kind of music I create. For the past 8 years I’ve lived in Georgia. I’ve always lived close to a big city, which I guess inspired me to try to get myself out there.
I believe everything happens for a reason. I think God gave me this gift to share with the world. And I’m doing my very best to accomplish this mission for Him. I’ve had some very rough times in my life and I've been in some pretty dark places, but He has saved me many times. The least I can do for Him is spread good, positive images to the world through music.
Music is my life. I don’t know what I’d do if I couldn’t write.

No comments:

Post a Comment